About the School
The School of Building and Land Management (SBLM), formerly the Building Department, is one of two schools in the Faculty of the Built Environment.
The SBLM currently provides education and training in Construction Engineering, Land Surveying, Land Economy and Valuation Surveying, Urban and Regional Planning, and Quantity Surveying.
At present the school has over 400 students distributed among full-time, part-time and modular programmes. The programmes are designed to provide a range of manpower skills for national and regional needs.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
The School has close relationships with a number of institutions and professional organizations. The following are the main organizations:
- Association of Land Economy and Valuation Surveyors (ALEVS)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- City and Guilds of London Institute (CGLI)
- Commonwealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy (CASLE)
- Incorporated Master Builders Association (IMBA)
- Jamaica Geographic Information Society (JGIS)
- Jamaica Institution of Engineers (JIE)
- Jamaica Institution of Quantity Surveyors (JIQS)
- Land Surveyors' Association of Jamaica (LSAJ)
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Town and Country Planning Association of Jamaica (TCPAJ)